Friday, July 22, 2016

As of tomorrow, I will have officially taken three weeks' worth of Lupron injections. I also started taking Estrace about a week and a half ago. This is in pill form, and I started with taking 1/2 a pill, two times a day, for a full week. Now I'm up to a full pill, three times a day, and will continue to do so for a full week. Then it goes back to the original dose. I have alarms set on my phone to go off three times a day and everything organized in one of those pill containers with the days of the week on them to help me remember everything I need to take. It makes me feel . . . somewhat elderly. :)

I have my screening ultrasound this coming Tuesday, and I received a message from my nurse saying we're planning the transfer the Tuesday after that! Along with that, though, we officially start the PIO (progesterone in oil) injections this coming Thursday, which Jacob and I refer to as "the bum shots." And if I get pregnant (pleasepleaseplease), those will likely continue until mid-September. Shudder.

With all of this looming closer, I've been researching different OBGYNs, midwives, and hospitals like a crazy person. I liked the OBGYN I had with Marie, but his clinic and the hospital were both a half an hour away, and I just don't really want to make that much of a drive for each appointment. Plus, since I had a pretty fast labor with Marie, I don't want to chance not making it to the hospital in time. Since 'tis the season for Open Enrollment, we're planning to change networks to have more conveniently-located providers. I think we're set on the hospital I'd like to deliver at, based largely on word-of-mouth and Google searches, and it's only about 15 minutes away from our apartment. I'm still not sure whether I want to go with a midwife or an OBGYN -- I kind of like the idea of having a midwife. Although I suppose that idea will likely crumble into a million smithereens if we have twins, so I suppose we'll wait and see before making any decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment