Thursday, September 8, 2016

How far along? 8 weeks
Size of bab(ies): At 8 weeks, they are now each the size of a raspberry. Or a kidney bean.  
Sleep: I've been having the craziest dreams lately. Some of them have been a little disturbing, too. A couple nights ago I tried going to bed around 8:30 because I was tired but couldn't fall asleep until my normal bedtime of 10:00, so that was slightly tragic. And on the weekends I usually take a nap during Marie's nap.
Total weight gain: ?
Unglamorous body changes: None that I can think of.
Best moment this week
Movement: I thought I felt a spasm in my uterus today, but I'm sure it wasn't produced by the babies.
Maternity clothes: None yet.
Food cravings/aversions: I don't know whether these necessarily qualify as "cravings," but in the last couple weeks I've gone out of my way to purchase Ritz crackers, tuna fish, and instant mashed potatoes. 
Symptoms: Last week I was feeling a little queasy in the mornings, but it also went away by the time I left for work. I've been more tired than usual (though that could be related to back-to-school tiredness), and the ladies are tender. 
Currently looking forward to: The weekend. And being done with the progesterone injections (only 13 left!). 
Realization of the week: 
Other tidbits: On Sunday, August 28th, I went to the bathroom before going to bed and there was some blood on the toilet paper and in the toilet. Obviously, this was concerning, so the next day when I was at work I had Jacob call the doctor's office to see if I should go in for an ultrasound. They were able to squeeze me in after hours (which I'm hoping won't lead to a higher bill, but we'll see) for an ultrasound. The doctor couldn't see any cause for the blood or for any concern. There were two heartbeats, and the embryos were measuring exactly the same -- 6 weeks 6 days (2 days ahead of schedule). They each had the same heart rate, too -- 130 bpm. I had the impression that maybe we'd have twin boys when I heard the measurements, but we'll see. It still hasn't sunk in that we may have twins. Since twins implanted last time, I'm still kind of expecting one of them to stop growing. I'm going back for another ultrasound in two weeks to see if they keep progressing. 

I also scheduled an appointment with a midwife I found that will treat women who are pregnant with multiples. She came highly recommended from a few friends, and I'm hopeful it will be a positive experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment